Below is a chronological listing of who received the Majestic, MAJIC, MJ-12
documents. Other lower classification related documents may also be
included, if they were received with other Majestic documents. Remember
these are grouped by source, in arrival order, not their document dates.
Some links do not work yet and we will do our best over the next year
to expand and complete this task. By clicking on the source person or
place you can read a synopsis of the current information we have and
what sort of provenance research has been done by the authentication
Security Classification Legend:
|TS: ||Top Secret|
|EO: ||Eyes Only|
William Moore, Los Angeles (March, 1981)
- Aquarius Teletype (S)
- Aquarius Executive
Briefing Teletype (TS)
Jamie Shandera � Los Angeles, California (December, 1984)
- Eisenhower Briefing Document
(TSMEO) 7 pgs.
- Truman to Forrestal
(TSEO) 1 p.
National Archives � College Park, Maryland
- Cutler Twining
Memo, July 14, 1954 (TSRM) 1 p.
Don Berliner's Mailbox Alexandria Virginia (March, 1994)
Quillan Pharmacy � LaCrosse, Wisconsin
- Special Operations Manual � Extraterrestrial
Entities And Technology, Recovery and Disposal (TSMEO, R on
cover page) 23 pgs.
Timothy S. Cooper, Big Bear Lake, California
- Air Accident Report (TSEOM) 4 pgs.
Former CIA Archivist
- Marilyn Monroe Document (TS)
Cantwheel � Retired Army Counterintelligence
- Marshall to President Truman
(TSMEO) 1 p.
- Hillenkoetter Memo for the
Military Assessment of the Joint Intelligence Committee (TSEO)
- Marshall to
Humelsine, 27 September 1947 (TSEO)
to Ireland re: Archbishop Spellman (UN) 1 p.
to Chief of Staff � Army (retyped copy) (UN) 1 p.
- Flying Saucer Analytical
Report for General Cabell (TSEOM) 2 pgs.
- CWO Marcrau to Commanding
General Army Air Forces with Cantwheel comments (retyped, C)
- General Grow to Twining
� Preliminary Results of Post-mortem Examination of the Air Accident
Report (C) 2 pgs.
- Lt. Col. Tucker to Office
of Air Surgeon � Analysis of Factors Contributing to "Pilot-Error"
Experiences in Operating Experimental Aircraft Controls (retyped
copy) (UN) 1 p.
- S- Aircraft Drawing
and Memo by Thomas Cantwheel (UN) 2 pgs.
to President Truman, Sept. 24, 1947 (S) 1 p.
- Memo for General Spaatz,
with Cantwheel comments (retyped copy) (UN) 1 p.
- Majestic Twelve Project
1st Annual Report Panel (TSM) 1 p.
- Hillenkoetter to Director JIOA, 27 Sept. 1950 (S) 1 p.
- MJ-12 Project Purpose and
Table of Contents � Not for Public Inspection (R) 1 p.
- Annual Report Summer
1952 with Annexes (TS) 16 pgs.
- Counter Intelligence
Corps/Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit Intelligence Assessment,
22 July 1947 � (TS Ultra, later M) 7 pgs.
- CIA Office of Scientific
Intelligence � Analysis of the Corona and Oscura Peak, NM Wreckage
of Unidentified Lenticular Aerodyne Technology (TS Blacked Out)
- Interplanetary Phenomenon
Unit Field Order (TS) 1 p.
- JFK to Director CIA
(TS) 1 p.
- Kennedy memo on Declassification
review of UFO files (TS)
- Cantwheel to Cooper � Trust No One Completely (UN) 1 p.
Salina � daughter of Cantwheel (June, 1996)
- Salina to Cooper Handwritten
Note, "At my father's request..." (UN) 1 p.
- White Hot � Mission
Assessment of Recovered Lenticular Aerodyne Objects (TSEMO)
- Directive to Twining
from Eisenhower (TS) 1 p.
- Directive to Twining
from Truman (TSEO) 1 p.
- Einstein � Oppenheimer
Relationships With Inhabitants of Celestial Bodies (TS) 6 pgs.
- Twining to LeMay � Meteorological
- Twining to President
Truman � Not for Public Inspection (no classification shown)
to Truman � �Majic� Black Book Summaries
- Col. Rothrock Status of Project Twinkle � Confidential
- Chidlaw to Commander Holloman AFB � Project Grudge � Restricted
- Project White Shot
� Watson, McCoy � Intelligence Report (TS, retyped copy) 1 p.
- Majestic Annual Report
� Annex C Fragment (M) 1 p.
- "Nature of Survey"
Fragment, 1955 � Analysis of first hundred publications in AFSA
UFO Intelligence Reports Codeword. 1 p.
- FDR to Van Bush � Handwritten
Central Intelligence Agency � Alleged FOIA Release
- JOIA 1412 Memo dated 12 April 1949
(TSM) 1 p.
- 44 - 3� x 5� photos of Documents
- July 1999 Photo Drop � 76 pictures,
craft, backchannels, autopsy & documents
- IMPORTANT Memo From
- �An Encyclopedia of Flying
Saucers� by Vernon Bowen, (front matter), last dated 1960, 5
pp. Original paper, first page with classification stamps in red.
S-1 to Cooper: "Burned Memo" Cover Letter 1 p.
- Original 9-page
�Burned� Memo (S) 9 pgs.
- Isotope Thermal Thrusters
and Applications: ASTIA 28710 (TSM)
- Truman to Secretary of
- Operations Review: The
MJ-12 Project by Allen W. Dulles (TS)
- "Unidentified Flying
Objects, The CIA, and Congress" Essay by Source S-1
- Authority of Director
of Central Intelligence Clarified (responsibility of CIA in
collecting UFO intelligence)
- Edward Teller's
Pitch to President Reagan for SDI
Index of Documents from 16 September, 1999
The following documents are listed in no particular
- �DIA Organization, Mission and Key Personnel,� March 1981 (original copy,
with red-orange cover) DRS-2600-926-81. This provides complete mission
and products statements for each organization in the DIA and also
the signatures of about 40 department heads approving the organization
charts. Two initials and last names are listed for all personnel.
- �DIA Organization, Mission and Key Personnel,� October 1981 (69
pp.) (original) copy. DRS-2600-926B-81. This is a revision of the
previously published March report, but with only 19 organizations
shown. Signatures as before. 69 pgs.
- Notes for Correspondence Subcourse SC 816, �Psychological Operation
(PSYOP) Media. Seven lessons for a total of 20 credit hours. From
the US Army Institute for Military Assistance, Sept. 1977. Pencil
marking on some of the pages. 57 pgs.
- 352nd CA command organization, dated 1 March 1980. Org chart showing
four PSYOP units. 1 p.
- One page handwritten of Subcourse Numbers and titles for PSYOP
courses. Shows 847, PSYOP Resources and Force Structure; 289, Intro
to Internal Defense/Internal Development; 812, Social Science Fundamentals
(understanding your target, the individual, social groups and institutions,
social communications of change; 814, PSYOP Planning and Development,
and 813, PSYOP Intel and Analysis, collection, target analysis and
campaign control, and propaganda analysis. This last course also
has written in with the same handwriting as elsewhere, �PSYOP UFO
Countermeasures and Propaganda (I Intel collection; II Media contact/fact
sheets; III Force Command/NMCC. This is followed by �PSYOP UFO Disinformation
(I Forgery/Documents, II unstated, III Tabloid Contacts, and IV
Script Writing. This is followed by �DIA/CIA/NSA Courses.� 1 p.
- Three-ring black binder (2-inch size) containing 400 pages labeled
�Correspondence Subcourse of the U.S. Army Institute for Military
Assistance,� SC 847 March 77. This is followed by Correspondence
Subcourse 812, which is followed by Correspondence Subcourse 814,
followed by Correspondence Subcourse 813, followed by Correspondence
Subcourse 815, followed by numerous appendices. 400 pgs.
- �Information Security Program Regulation,� DoD 5200.1-R in four
parts, Nov 73. This 150-page document provides detailed information
about security procedures for the Department of Defense. 50 pgs.
- �Civil Affairs Operations,� Dept of Army Field Manual FM 41-10,
October 1969, up to section L. Cover has notation �Al Gilley� and
�UFO Contingency/Training Course� in a different hand. 100 pgs.
- �Iran: Executive and Congressional Reaction and Roles,� Issue
Brief No. IB80001 by Loventhal and Collier, a few pages, Feb 1980.
Deals with the history of the Iran hostage events. 5 pgs.
- �CS/CSS (Combat Support/Combat Service Support) Operations, Chapter
7,� Logex 79, Vol. IV, Civil-Military Cooperation/Psyop, 11 pgs.
- �Guide to Military Space Operations,� C. Richard Whelan, 1986.
Annotated �UFO/SDI Program� on cover page. 154 pgs.
- �A Systematic Review of 'Commando' (Special Operations) 1939-1980,�
Luttwak, Canby, and Thomas, 4 parts, both sides. Printed on both
sides, but reverse is printed upside down. Punched for spiral binding.
This would have been a reject. Unclassified. Contains fascinating
true stories of dozens of events of covert activity. Unquestionably
authentic. Prepared by C&L Associates, defense consultants. Marked
�Final Report.� 350 pgs.
- �U.S. Foreign Policy Objectives and Overseas Military Installations,�
US Govt. Printing Office, No. 35-995-O, April 1979. This is a product
of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. 121 pgs.
- Extract from FM 33-5, Chapter 7 (1974), �Roles and Missions of
Psychological Operations Teams (TOE 33-500H) This copy identifies
the functions of 28 PSYOP teams in the PSYOP organization, and reveals
the tip of a huge iceberg of psychological warfare. Targets are
not identified. 6 pgs.
- �Eighteen Dilemmas of Oil Vulnerability,� Robert Axelrod, Institute
of Public Policy Studies Discussion Paper # 161, University of Michigan,
February 1981, 16 pgs.
- �The Soviet Army, Operations and Tactics,� FM 100-2-1, HQ U.S.
Army, 16 July 1984. This is a detailed description of the procedures
and tactics used in battlefield scenarios. Original cover with red
print on olive green cover. 300 pgs.
- �Tracking and Command of Aerospace Vehicles,� IAS (Institute of
Aerospace Sciences) National Symposium, Feb 19-21, 1962, San Francisco,
California. 140 pgs.
- �A Response to Hermann Eilts' 'Security Considerations in the
Persian Gulf'�, from �Point/Counterpoint, from �International Security
(Spring 1981 pages 186-203), printed in AF/DoD �Current News, Special
Edition, 3 November 1981, No. 776. At the upper right, there is
�Joe S� in pencil, and at the right there is �Jeff� in pencil. 9
- �Exposing the Libyan Link,� New York Times Magazine article by
Seymour M. Hersh, later than 1979 such as 1980 or 81. A number of
phrases are underlined. 11 pgs.
- Four small (4-8 pages each) �Background Notes� publications by
the Department of State on (South) Yemen, January 1977; (North)
Yemen, June 1977; Kuwait, December 1977, and Oman, August 1978.
- �International Boundary Study, �Publication No. 164, Iran-Iraq,
Department of State, Bureau of International Relations and Research,
- �The Soviet Nuclear Threat Towards the Close of the Yom Kippur
War,� from The Jerusalem Journal of International Relations Vol.
5, No. 1, 1980, published by Air Force/DoD Current News Special
Edition, dated August 27, 1981, No. 752. 5 pgs.
- �Saudi Arabia Faces the 1980s: Saudi Security Problems and American Interests,� Lincoln P. Bloomfield Jr., from The Fletcher Forum, Summer 1981, pages 243-277, published by AF/DoD �Current News� Special Edition dated January 20, 1982, No. 806. 35 pgs.
None of the above publications bore any classification stamps, marks, or indication of classification; not even �for official use only.�
This pile of material was retained by Tim Cooper, and was about eight inches
thick. The bound booklets were mostly printed on both sides.
This was approximately one-half of the material. The other material
was given to R.M. Wood for selective copying and subsequent return
to Cooper. This inventory follows:
- From CIA to MAJSEC,
Message classified TOP SECRET JEHOVAH dated R 1411123Z Nov 98
(14 Nov 98, 1:23AM Zulu time?), in standard envelope (TSM) 1 p.
- "Summary of NICAP Cases,�
stamped �Tentative Secret, Forward to MAJCOM� from Blue Book Files,
undated. 10 pgs.
- �The UFO Evidence,� published by NICAP, classified CIA copy Project
UFO, stamped top and bottom of each page, �TOP SECRET� in blue (9
pt block type) and �TENTATIVE SECRET, FORWARD TO MAJCOM,� two lines
in black (10 pt type) Pages occasionally have the word �CONFIRMATION�
in blue (26 pt type) on various cases. This copy is marked �File
copy No. 25.� 184 pgs.
- �NSA Intercept of the �Hot
Line�, COMSEC file dated 11/12/63 from OOTP to PUSSR, Subj.: UFO
Working Groups. Retyped in manila folder labeled �TS UMBRA/UFOs�
(TSU) 3 pgs.
- �Memorandum for Chief of
Staff of the Army� from �F.D.R.� dated February 27, 1942, classified
TOP SECRET. Restroked in manila folder labeled �TS FDR LETTER� (TS)
- �Unidentified Aircraft Sightings
Over the United States,� Intelligence Estimate, prepared by
Special Studies and Evaluation State-War-Navy Coordinating Committee
and Office of National Estimates, with TS Contrl No. 7300405 NSA
Authority, September 30, 1947, Retyped in manila folder labeled
�IE 9/30/47� (TSEO) 5 pgs.
- �Communist Propaganda Charging
United States with the Use of BW in Korea,� CIA/SI 29-51 Information
Report, NARA file number 834021, approved for release 7 Nov 1985,
dtd 20 August 1951. Restroked in manila folder labeled �CIA BW,�
- Letter from Hillenkoetter
to Menzel, CIA COPY, TOP SECRET markings by hand in red top
and bottom, contents innocuous, note of copies to Boyd, Wellman,
Hillenkoetter, and Keyhoe dated 10/27/65, letter dated September
19, 1963, 1 p.
- Listing of �Scientific
personnel of the Metallurgical Lab, Chicago. Approximately 70
names (usually First, Initial, Last) including Robert S. Mulliken
(sp?), Eugene P. Wigner, Leo Szilard. July 17, 1947. Judged original
paper from the era. 3 pgs.
- �Memorandum for Military Director, Scientific Activity Board,�
Subject. Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), five paragraphs transmitting
AF Regulation 200-2, requesting a review panel, Sep 28 1985, Mimeographed.
- Letter from James H. Aikman, Lt Colonel, USAF Community Relations
Division, formally announces termination of Project Blue Book. No
date, but alludes to December 17, 1969 as announcement date for
termination of Project Blue Book. Mimeographed. 1 p.
- �Memorandum from V. Bush and J. B. Conant, Subject: Supplementary
Memo Giving Details of Other Weapons �Water Boiler� That Produce
Heat W/O Explosions., September 30, 1944, Original retype, old paper.
Top Secret at top only. 1 p.
- Letter to Field Marshall Sir John Dill, GCB, C.M.G., DSO, Combined
Chiefs of Staff alluding to the use of a TA weapon, 17 January 1944.nvw,
Original retype, old paper. Secret at top only. 1 p.
- ALSOS Mission summary from 31 August 1944 interview from �F. J.�
Listing of Germans, cyclotron, V weapons, February 22, 1945. Original
retype, old paper. Secret at top only. 2 pgs.
- ALSOS Mission note by Dr. S. A. Goudsmit. Two sentences only,
29 October 1944. Original retype, old paper. Secret at top only.
- Report of a group of Chicago scientists, �Political and social
problems,� June 1945, Original retype, old paper. Top Secret at
top only. 1 p.
- A folder labeled �Scientific Advisory Panel Recommendations,�
On old Ozalid paper turned brown, first page marked �CIA Copy,�
Tabs A through H, including suggested changes to AFR 200-2 and list
of Private UFO Organizations. No date, but mentions cost and manpower
estimates for January 1959. Secret in Red top and bottom. 18 pgs.
- Envelope (9x12) containing 31 typically 8x10 photos of UFOs. Descriptions
on back give time, date place and explanation such as �internal
reflection,� time exposure of moon,� �negative wrinkle� and the
like. No reason to question conclusion in cases I looked at. Occasional
written explanations or reports included. Includes two negatives.
Photos in mid 50s. Photos all stamped �TENTATIVE SECRET, FORWARD
TO MAJCOM. 31 pgs.
- Manila folder labeled �Physical Sp.� containing original Blue
Book material, copies, clippings and photos. Noteworthy is first
generation carbon of all photos submitted to USAF for analysis between
July 6, 1947 and October 30, 1966, 4 pgs. 56 pgs. including photos
- One folder marked SECRET PROJECT BLUE BOOK, noted �Evaluated and
Loaned to CIA, containing Blue Book notes, clippings, reports, and
parts, and correspondence. Click
here to view a list of the folder contents. 250 pgs.
Index of Documents from 9 October, 1999
The following items were received on 9 October 1999 by Tim Cooper from the
same person who gave him the materials on 16 September 1999 (Source
There were four envelopes, which Tim Cooper marked #1, #2, #3, #4
in our presence. All four had already been marked with a stamp "received"
with Tim Cooper's initials and "10/9/99." Lynda Gagliano accompanied
Dr. Wood on this visit. The contents of the packages below are:
Package #1. ("Evaluated by CIA Project Blue Book, FYI/S2")
- Project 10073 Record, Howell, Utah dated 16 July 65, Three objects. 15 pgs.
- Project 10073 Record Card Report, Sioux City Iowa, 25 Oct 63.
Reilly Bates Case, KC 135 refueling in area. 30 pgs.
- Project 10073 Record Card, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2 Oct 61, possible
sun dog, 46 pgs.
Package #2. ("Evaluated by CIA Project Blue
Book, FYI/S2 ")
Dozens of news clippings
Package #3. ("FYI/S2")
Dozens of news clippings
Package #4. ("FYI/S2")
- "White Sands History: Range Beginnings and Early Missile Testing," prepared
by Eunice H. Brown, James A. Robertson, John W. Kroehnke, Charles
R. Poisall, and 1st Lt. E. L. Cross, undated but covers the period
of testing from 1945 through 1955. No markings or annotations. Extensive,
detailed history of all flights on record with many cross-references
to technical reports. 152 pgs.
- "Soviet Military Power, The Pentagon's Propaganda Document, Annotated
and Corrected, by Tom Gervasi, Vintage Books, A Division of Random
House, copyright 1987. Only mark is "FYI/ S2, STUDY THIS." 160 pgs.
- George C. Marshall to Franklin
D. Roosevelt, March 1942